Work Permits / Travel Permits

Work Permits

Each year, thousands of individuals come to the United States to work. Often, a temporary work visa is required in order for workers to enter the U.S. and remain here for a period of time. There are several different types of work permits, and it is important for individuals to know which is applicable and how to gain successful approval. A skilled immigration attorney at The Law Office of Sharon Abaud can help.

Travel Permits

If you have a green card but want to travel outside the U.S. for a year or more, you will need a reentry permit, also called a travel permit. A reentry permit can take up to 90 days to get approved, so it is advisable to start the application process as soon as possible. You will need to submit an application, certain documents, and applicable fees in order to be considered. Once approved, the permit is valid for two years from the date it is issued. Having a green card does not extend the permit.